Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Original Pilot is a Finalist in A Screenplay competition

My original Pilot, The Moorish American, is a finalist in the Shoott in Philadelphia screenplay competition!SIP I would love to win this and get to go back home for a visit. I haven't seen family in soo long. I wrote this script last year but didn't do anything with it until this year. I just finished writing a paper, an auto-ethnography for class about my Moorish American heritage so I feel like I'm really close to this project. I know so much more about the history of the creation of the Moorish Science Temple that I would love to work into a series, but at this point in my caeer the chances of it ever getting picked up are pretty slim. However, if it wins the competition I will have a new surge of interest in my writing. You never know what can happen. If Nickelodeon notifies me next month that I am also a finalist for their fellowship I will be over the moon (for lack of a better metaphor.)

This just goes to show you that it's worth it to make moves out of faith and not fear. In my case separating from my husband whose negative energy was blocking my blessings. The night before I got word that I was a finalist I was completely stressed out. I had checked my bank account which only had $500 in it. Now that's not bad if it didn't have to last until September when I get my next refund check from school, and if it didn't have to support myself and my two sons. Financially things are pretty precarious but hopefully this news is just the beginning of more blessings that are coming my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment